Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Rub & Cure for Pastrami

My updated cure for my Pastrami and Corned Beef although it will work with any meat. 

Note: Percentages are based on the green weight of the meat. Which means after trimming and before cure (Raw Weight). 




Note: I have developed new times and temps for Brisket Pastrami- I like 142 f now for 40-44 hours. For Tongue I like 142 f for 48 hours. 
Note: The Rubb percentages are based on a cured meat. Cured meat meaning after meat is cured,  rinsed, dried and weighed. 


Note: this makes a lot... use as much or as little as you want. There should be some left over at the end of the Hot Smoke. If you want reduce the percentages by 15-25% if you want to save some product. 

INTERACTIVE SPREADSHEET RECIPE CLICK HERE


Us Metric Conversion Spread Sheet


NOTES ON CURING