Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Orange Curry Jerky

One more jerky to add to the list. I am not going to write this up with a lot of details but if you need them you can find them HERE on a previous jerky recipe. Toss all ingredients in a blender and set aside. If you would like to read up on cures and Jerky Click Here. Understanding Jerky making Click Here. This recipe is good for 5 lbs of Jerky. Just make sure to get the Salt and cure measurements correct which are described in the links above. 




Once again I used top round. I trimmed off the fat and placed in refrigerator to firm up.

Partially freezing the meat makes it easier to slice. I sliced the partially frozen meat into 1/8 inch slices. 





The meat will be submerged in the sauce for about 3 days. I will dehydrate in my oven which holds a constant 126 degrees.

After three days the meat is cured and is ready for the next step. Place me on rack and dehydrate. My commercial oven has a pilot light and keeps the oven at a consistent 126 f degrees. As you can tell from the picture I placed them on the rack without removing excess curry sauce. I want as much flavor on these babies as possible. In addition I added Orange Peel to enhance the orange flavor. 

 After about ten hours they were done. The goal here was to dehydrate them to a point in which most of the moisture was removed but they could still be bent in half without breaking. 

Review- If you like curry you will love this. In my opinion and they could have been a bit hotter. I should have added orange to both sides of the meat. One last thing I might do the next time I make this recipe is to reduce the salt from 2.2% to 1.9%. And maybe just a little bit of sugar or honey too. I am so darn picky. 






No comments:

Post a Comment