Sunday, June 26, 2016

Roasted Garlic & Smoked Pepper Jerky



Another Jerky from  yours truly. I just can't get enough of this stuff. This one is very simple but extremely flavorful. Well...?? That's if you like Garlic.  


 I used 6 lbs of Top Round cut across the grain. This recipe is perfect for that exact amount. Anymore just adjust the recipe. Trim all that fat off. 




Sliced it on my Berkel. I found that 3/8 of an inch was perfect. 








A picture is worth a thousand words.

Recipe
1 Cup Worcestershire Sauce 
1 Cup of Soy Sauce
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ Rub. 
.25% Cure #1
Now the next step is about personal preference. In a Shaker bottle add a percentage of Roasted Garlic Powder or Granulated Roasted Garlic & Smoked Black Pepper. After you get done marinating the meat you will sprinkle this combo on the meat. You will do it on both sides. I used 60% Garlic and 40% Black pepper. 


Mix all the ingredients together (except the garlic and pepper) and add to the sliced meat. Mix thoroughly. Every twelve hours or so over haul meat. I marinated everything for about 48 hours. 



Place meat on racks and sprinkle on your garlic & pepper combo. Make sure you do both sides. 


Load them into the Dehydrator. I started out at 140ƒ˚for about 3 hours and will finish them at 125ƒ˚ and 110ƒ˚. If you want to pasteurize the meat (Sous-Vide) I would suggest Sous-Vide using Baldwins Tables. This is what I do. Note: my process has evolved over time. This works well with my Excalibur Dehydrator.  I occasionally cold smoke too which is another great technique.  

Grand Slam!!! Outstanding!!!












 



No comments:

Post a Comment