Sunday, March 8, 2015

Brisket Maple Bacon

Roses are red Violets are blue Bacon is awesome Unless your're a Jew -Aaron Cutting.  I guess this sums up what I don't believe. Being Jewish does no restrict your culinary palate if you have a Yiddisher Kop!!!! For the past couple of years I have been making all kinds of beef bacon and I'm here to tell you that you too can do this. It's a great alternative to Pork Bacon and it's not hard to do. Whether it's pork or beef the curing formula is the same. If you want to check out some of my ideas on Charcuterie CLICK HERE.





By now you all know that I do not eat Pork or for that matter Treif so I have set out on a quest to make that best non-pork version.  I will never be done. I have so many ideas!!! 


This is one of the easiest recipes you will find on my blog. All you have to do it measure out the Salt and cure and combine and apply to Flat. Make sure you to get it into every nook can cranny. "NOTES ON CURING"






Mix up the sugars and do the same thing. Rub in the maple syrup and your done.

Vacuum seal the Brisket flat turning every day for two weeks and you're done. That's all it takes to cure a piece of meat. I just notice the date on the bag is wrong. It should say 2/17. 


After the 14-21 day cure I rinsed off the meat and allowed it to dry to develop Pellicle. Place small fan in front of brisket for an hour or two. 



Developing a good pellicle is important because it helps the smoke adhere to the meat during the smoking process. 





Meat all cured and rinsed.

I am using the A-MAZE-N cold smoker to cold smoke the bacon which uses pellets and in this application I am using Apple. Picture on right smoked for 10 hours. 





Absolutely delicious!!!! Will try point or plate next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment